Replacing the inefficiency and safety hazards associated with traditional moving equipment is a pneumatically powered system. Being a lifting device used to lift and move around heavy-loads on a flat surface, an air caster works by utilizing air. Rather than relying on a power source, it allows heavy objects to float around, by simply being suspended in the air with the supply of compressed air.
Creating an air seal between the floor and the airbag, an air caster works in an ingenious manner. Within any industrial plant or assembly unit, the moving of heavy objects is an inevitability. However, manufactures need to take up a proactive approach in protecting the personnel and equipment located within the unit. Air casters are a departure from traditional heavy-load moving equipment, as they don’t include the challenges that are associated with traditional equipment.
Finding Innovation within Assembly Floors
A forklift requires maintenance, specialized training, has a set load capacity, and requires constant open communication. Without following this procedure, a manufacturer can either not go ahead with executing mechanical movement or either endanger the lives of their personnel. Sustaining injuries and sustaining high costs becomes a reality when dealing with traditional heavy-load moving equipment. At a sharp contrast, a wise investment is to make use of air caster products, such as air beams, air bearing, and air pallets.
Commonly used to lift delicate, awkwardly-shaped, and heavy loads, an air caster product works to move unbalanced load across a facility. High maneuverability and precise positioning are its defining characteristics, leading this low-profile moving equipment to fit into any manufacturer’s assembly unit. Being ideal for the uneven weight distribution of load and providing the necessary support, an air beam can easily be customized to meet a manufacturer’s specific requirements.
Made using sturdy material such as aluminum, Hovair produces high quality and cost-effective air caster equipment to facilitate the need for different facilities within the material handling industry. Simply placed beneath a heavy-load or object, they are easy to use, easy to incorporate into processes, and easy to sustain. Realizing consequential gains in safety and cost reduction, both in terms of manpower and downtime, a manufacture gains through the following features:
- Low floor load and no damage to the surface or floor, such as cuts, dents or scrapes.
- Effective space utilization, leading to efficiency
- Can work in areas where cranes, overhead lifts, and forklifts cannot work, as air cushions can easily shift direction. This makes taking u-turns and spinning a load an easy undertaking.
- Need for reduced manpower, as a single man can easily control and move a load weighing up to 5000 lbs., which weighs more than an average car. Staying within the bounds of safety, personnel aren’t exposed to unnecessary safety hazards
- An air caster product requires no lubrication, has no moving parts, and doesn’t have a maintenance schedule. If dirty, they can be cleaned with soap and water, rather than requiring an industrial solvent
- No complexity involved with the handling of the equipment, leading to no wastage of time or hassles.
- Powered completely through compressed-air, rather than any other power source.
- Minimized risks, as no extensive pushing or pulling is required
- Ability to quickly move around objects and loads with no vibration. This is particularly beneficial for personnel who develop health conditions, as a result of handling machines and loads that vibrate.
If a manufacturer or floor manager is looking for a cost-effective, safe, and reliable solution for moving around heavy-load with omnidirectional maneuverability, then opting to get an air caster product from Hovair Systems can prove to be beneficial, both in the short and long term.