People working at warehouses are exposed to several health hazards that often cause lasting injuries and wounds, musculoskeletal disorders, or sicknesses and illnesses. Aside from increased exposure to harmful chemicals, their jobs are also physically challenging. From storage to material handling, lifting and transportation they need to do a majority of these things manually on daily basis.
Importance of Safe Material Handling
To retain employees, you need to make life easier for them. Remember that your warehouse holds, not just your stock but a lot of dangers for your workers. It’s your utmost responsibility to comply with the workers ‘safety clauses in 30 CFR Part 56 and Part 57, to protect them from health problems, and injuries.
Prioritize your workers’ safety and health before everything else.
- Make sure that all the loads are first inspected to determine how they need to be lifted or moved, also check all possible transportation routes to eliminate the obstacles; if any.
- Use automated weight lifting equipment and educate the workers about safe weight lifting techniques to prevent musculoskeletal injuries.
- Instruct all the workers and managers at the manufacturing unit, to carefully use all material handling equipment and strictly adhere to appropriate operating procedures.
- Identify and control or eliminate all environmental hazards associated with the work at hand. Make sure that there’s no noise pollution in the manufacturing unit as it can hamper your employees’ health and ability to work.
- Offer the workers clean access to warehouses, and other storage areas.
- Try to organize your storage using modern tools like industrial turntablesand heavy load handling systems.
- Try using air-powered load moving products to establish a reliable rigging system. Make sure that your rigging equipment is sustainable and environmentally friendly.
- Employ cutting-edge air handling systems for material handling. Your load handling equipment should support the lifting and movement of heavy loads.
Looking for a High-Quality Material Handling Equipment? Shop from Hovair
Whether you’re looking for air caster material handling solutions, heavy load handling systems, heavy load carrier, paper roll handling equipment, nuclear cask, vehicle turntable, industrial turntable, heavy load moving machines, or any other industrial material handling equipment, we’ll be more than happy to help! At Hovair Systems, we aim to help our clients, make their industrial operations, load moving, and storage, more convenient, effortless, seamless, and secure. We believe that secure material handling has a direct impact on a business’s productivity and it isn’t something you can easily neglect.
As a highly reputable heavy load equipment designing company and air bearing manufacturer based in the US, we’re proud to admit that we have satisfied hundreds of customers, for the past 50 years in the industry. Whenever our clients experience material handling issues, they come back to us as we offer them unmatched customer support, durable machinery and products, and consultancy based on their specific needs.
We’re known for our commitment, dedication, and quality of work.