Material handling is a crucial aspect of any business, and if you wish to thrive in the industry, you need to plan for it. Moving and lifting products from one point to another is not as simple as one might think and can lead to severe consequences. If the product flow is not better, then the whole system can get compromised. It’s essential to opt for the right equipment for your warehouse or any other industry to maximize profit on each product.
Pallets are essential material handling equipment, and their importance cannot be overlooked. Not only do you need to get air pallets for your business, but what matters is buying the right pallet to sustain your business. Wooden pallets have been in the industry for more than a century, but that does not mean they are perfect for your business. There are different types of air pallets available in the market as per each business’s requirements. For instance, the modern pallets are now made up of aluminum, wire mesh, plastic, presswood, and steel.
Which Air Pallets to Choose?
There are plenty of air pallets available in the market, but which one should you choose for your business operations? Before selecting one, it’s important to assess each of them to see how they can help you in material handling. You need to know the purpose of the air pallet before you invest your hard-earned money in them. Once you choose the best option for your business, it will save your worker’s time and efforts and ensure an injury-free environment for your workers.
This guide will tell you what is available in the market. Before diving into the options, here is a sneak peek of what you need to consider while choosing air pallets.
Know the Purpose
Knowing the purpose is necessary before you purchase an air pallet for your business. You need something that can help your business grow. There is no ‘universal pallet’ or ‘one-size-fits-all,’ so it’s necessary for you to go over all options before buying one. This will save your time and will help you make the best decision.
Check the Limits
Pallets are designed to lift and move the product from one place to another. There are many things that go around a warehouse, so it’s necessary to check the limits of the air pallet. For instance, your warehouse may require a lot of work, and the pallet you choose may have a limit to it.
Check the type of material that you will be transporting and then assess if the selected air pallet is able to carry this weight and size. Buy durable air pallets to ensure their longevity.
Consider Pallet Construction
Another important aspect of buying air pallets is their construction. Check if the material is durable and compatible with carrying the loads. You also need to check if the air pallet can be used in your facility or not.
All of these factors can help you make an informed decision. You will be saved from the hassle of buying an air pallet again and again, so take your time choosing an ideal air pallet that lasts a long time.
Different Types of Air Pallets for Your Business
When there is a need, there is a solution.
It’s the first reason why different types of air pallets exist in the market. Every business has different needs and requirements, so it’s necessary to check all the options. What works for one might not be an ideal solution for you.
Here is a list of different types of air pallets that you can check out to manage material handling for your business.
Plastic Air Pallets
As per the available data, about 37% of American businesses use plastic handling of some kind for material handling. Plastic air pallets are available with proper customization at different stores to meet customers’ rising demands.
One of the great things to note here is that plastic is increasingly replacing wood pallets. Although plastic is harmful to the environment, it offers some serious benefits to the industries involved in material handling.
Some of the best features of plastic pallets include:
- Plastic is non-porous; therefore, it does not absorb water. You can even submerge these pallets, and their weight will remain the same. As water does not affect them, so it’s best for industries that mostly transport moist or liquid material. Moreover, the longevity of the product also remains intact for a long time.
- Wood can break, but that’s not the case with plastic. It does not break, splinter, or rot, which is why it’s an absolute treat to use in your warehouse or other industries. It comes with smooth surfaces and can be safely used by the workers without injuring themselves.
- Another benefit of using plastic is that it’s durable compared to all other options. It offers a 10-years long service life without deteriorating, so it’s safe to invest in these pallets.
- Plastic is also infestation- and odor-free. It’s chemically resistant and safe from any kind of damage.
Another great option for pallets is aluminum pallets that are not only lightweight but durable as well. Aluminum offers an indefinite lifecycle, which relieves the company from spending money on pallets again and again. However, it’s highly necessary to take care of these pallets to increase their longevity.
Here are some exceptional benefits of aluminum pallets.
- These are one of the most lightweight pallets available on the market. They are designed while keeping the worker’s ease and comfort in mind. They’re perfect for air freight as well.
- Aluminum pallets are strong as compared to other options. Using these pallets will save you from compromising your material through damage.
- As they’re made of aluminum, they don’t have any fasteners or nails in it. Due to this reason, these pallets are pretty easy to maintain. Aluminum pallets are made to tolerate wear for a lifetime without twisting, rotting, detaching, or warping.
- Aluminum is environment-friendly as it’s easily recyclable. You can easily send the pallets to the scrapyard as soon as they expire rather than forcing them into a landfill.
- Another great benefit of aluminum is that it’s fireproof and hygienic. Aluminum pallets don’t burn at all and are easy to sterilize as well.
Wire Mesh Pallets
Are you looking for open-space platforms? If yes, then there is nothing better than wire mesh pallets. If you work in the beverage or food industry, these pallets are just the perfect option as you can easily avoid build-up with these pallets.
Although these pallets are extremely strong, they are not lightweight at all. They come up with exceptional designs and welded frames to avoid any problems.
Here are some features of wire mesh pallets that might encourage you to buy them for your industry:
- Wire mesh pallets are made up of nestable and stackable designs, allowing workers to fit material easily in them.
- Wire mesh pallets are available in both small and large platforms to aid businesses in performing their operations with flexibility.
- These pallets can be customized according to the business needs and requirements.
- Wire mesh pallets are affordable yet offer exceptional structural integrity.
There are several chemicals that cannot be transported in just any air pallet, so you need to choose the best one for it. Traditional air pallets are not a good option for this, so it’s necessary to look for a few special ones. Harsh chemicals can destroy traditional pallets. Therefore, you need to buy specific ‘chemical pallets’ for the job. They not only protect your material but also keep the workers safe from facing any unwanted situation.
Chemical pallets usually have a great load capacity, so you can trust them if you usually transport about 2000-3000 pounds every day. These pallets are lightweight yet extremely strong and durable.
Last but not least, presswood pallets are another great option on the list. Presswood is a recyclable wood perfect for industries following an environmental-friendly approach. If your products are shipped out of the country or domestically, then presswood pallets are just the right option for your business.
Since presswood is a byproduct, you cannot expect it to offer you high durability. If you’re only sending out products without the need to get the pallets back, then these pallets are ideal.
Here are some of their amazing features.
- Presswood pallets are lightweight but show great strength. They are lighter even than wood pallets.
- Presswood pallets do not take a lot of space in the warehouse as they are nestable.
- Presswood is an expandable and economical material that is only curated for one-way shipping. Presswood pallets are an exceptional choice for industries that are looking for an affordable option.
- Presswood pallets are safe for international shipping as they can be easily sanitized. They do not trap any contaminants and are secure for daily use.
- They‘re wood-recycled products, making them environment-friendly.
Where to Buy Air Pallets From?
Air pallets are easily available in the market in different forms, weights, and sizes, but not every brand is worth your money. There are only a few companies that have set their mark in customers’ hearts through their high-quality products and valuable customer service.
If you’re looking for the best place to shop air pallets, Hovair Systems is a reliable brand to turn to. Hovair Systems has more than 50 years of experience in the market along with all the necessary licenses to ensure their validity. They have a trained team that holds exceptional knowledge of the industry and products available in the market.
For years, Hovair has opted for an innovative approach where they have manufactured several different materials handling equipment to assist businesses. They manufacture air bearings, air pallets, air film products, air handling systems, and so on. Their products are designed to meet evolving industry needs.
One important thing about their company is that they don’t use any compressed air in these products. Despite the high quality, their products are considered to be extremely affordable in the market. They also sell vehicle turntables for residential properties, specialty turntables for light industrial use, and much more.
Here are a few reasons why you should buy their air pallets.
- Customization: One reason why you should purchase air pallets from them is that they offer great customization for their products. Your industry’s requirements might be different, and they are here to assist you through all steps.
- High-Quality Products: With Hovair Systems, you will never have to worry about the product’s quality. They use durable and high-strength material to manufacture air pallets to increase their longevity.
- Exceptional Customer Service: Hovair Systems have a huge team in place to assist customers in their journey. Their customer service team is always present to provide 24/7 assistance to customers.
- Industry Knowledge: Hovair Systems has been a leading name in the industry for a long time and understands the market dynamics very well. They manufacture products after carefully analyzing the market needs to ensure that their products are relevant to customers. They choose top-tier materials to manufacture air pallets of different shapes and sizes.
- Trained Staff Members: Another great benefit of choosing Hovair Systems is that they have trained staff members. The team plays a huge role in a company’s success, and they have a qualified team that listens to the customer’s requirements and gives their best in the product’s manufacturing as well.
If you’re in search of a team that can help you in manufacturing high-quality air pallets to tackle material handling for your business, then they are the ones for you. It’s important to choose the right person for the job if you want to save your time, money, and efforts.
You can get in touch with them to get more details about the products.